A tranquil setting... Let's say on a patio like this:
Where you are sitting with a chilled glass of your favourite drink in one hand, stretched out legs, and you can feel the wire chair under the soft cushion you're sitting on... and as you look out on a view like this...
...You can hear a crested barbet being very vocal, with it's long trill "trrrrrrrr" call... and as you look around for it, you notice some mousebirds with their long tails playing in the nearby tree... Sitting next to you are four of your favourite people in the world, and one of them comments on how relaxed they feel after the stroll you all just got back from, where you ambled along the nearby river after exploring a bit of the nature reserve. You comment on what a lovely sighting of bucks you had, so close to you on the walk.
As you chew on a piece of salty biltong, a suggestion is made to have a friendly game of tennis in the morning, while another suggestion is to just laze around the pool for a bit...
The quiet is disturbed briefly by the bark of a baboon as the troop settles down nearby. As your drink comes to an end, you get up to get another, and start to think about lighting the braai...
Sound like Utopia? Like just what you need? Even if it were for a few days?
Well, here's your chance to have a whole week, or 2 weekends like this for you and 4 of your favourite people! I traded the 2 cases of First Sighting Wine this morning with Claire and her husband, Dave, for a Holiday in Utopia.
I popped over to their place and was greeted by their 2 inquisitive dogs at the gate. Max, their 2 year old son was running around, playing with a puzzle and then the dogs and then Dave... So in between we got to talk a bit about Utopia and it really sounds like a superb place for a quiet, relaxing weekend in the bush! I also found out that Claire owns 4 chickens, which she's very fond of!
Here we are, Claire, Dave and me, making the trade.
So, if you make me an offer, you could have a Holiday in Utopia! Here is the package deal:
Utopia is ideal for the hiker, mountaineer, or those just seeking a chilled back to nature holiday. It is located in the foothills of the Magaliesberg range, in the North West Province of South Africa. These mountains are said to the second oldest mountain range in the world! Utopia is in a Malaria free zone and gets really warm- up to 45 degrees Celsius in Summer!
- 2 weekends (Friday to Sunday) OR 1 week (Monday to Friday)
- Self catering accommodation in an A-framed thatch chalet for 5 people
- Fully equipped, 1 double bed and a single bed in the upstairs room, and 2 single rooms downstairs, bathroom, lounge, kitchen, private patio and braai facilities. All linen except for towels and sheets is supplied.
- No electricity but there is gas amenities, which include hot running water, gas stove and fridge, and paraffin lamps (so not a place for hairdryers!)
- The entire resort is fenced with a security guard on duty 24 hours a day.
- Bird watching - 133 bird species have been spotted so far
- Splashing in the swimming pool
- Walking around the 117 hectare resort on it's many paths and along the river- a full round trip could take you three hours and you should watch out for snakes and scorpions
- Mountain biking (just bring your own bike)
- Watching the rugby at the bar with the communal satellite TV
- Eating at the restaurant
- Playing Mini Golf
- Shop for last minute essentials
- Kiddies playground to bring out the child in you! Or just keep the children entertained.
- Mountain Sanctuary Park next door for abseiling or mountain biking
- Buffelspoort Dam offers fishing and boating
- Sparkling Waters Hotel and Spa, for everything from massages to horse rides
to paintball shooting
- Hartebeespoort Dam (50 kms away) with it's Welwitchia Craft Market
- Krugersdorp Game Reserve (50 km away)
- Rustenburg to look at a Platinum Mine (80 km away)
- Sterkfontein Caves (50 km away)
- Sun City (90 km away), for a spot of entertainment or golf
- Pilansburg game Reserve(90 kms away) which is home to "The Big Five"
- Reiki Masters in the area, if you're into that kind of thing- it's one of the highest energy vortex places on earth, apparently!
Dates for your Utopia holiday are subject to availability – Claire and Dave just need a few weeks notice.
NOTE: Photo's and some info courtesy of Jenny at http://utopia1.freeservers.com/
So send me your offers of what you'd swap for this Holiday in Utopia! You can even get together with 4 of your favourite people and see what you can come up with together to trade for this holiday! You'll get me on my email firstname.lastname@example.org or my cell +27 83 730 2979.