14 Sept 2006

I want to see this happen. Kyle, who had his house warming party for his red paperclip house just a few days ago, said the following on his blog:

"I just checked the Alice Cooper petition. 10953 signatures and going strong. If it hits 22222 signatures by New Years Day I will walk to the printing shop here in Kipling, print the entire thing out, stuff it in a backpack, and proceed to hitch-hike all the way to New York City where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame offices are located and deliver it in person.

And yes, you can quote me on that."

So what’s this all about? Well, did you know that Alice Cooper is not already in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? And he totally deserves to be there. Now I must admit, before my friend Rohin rags me, I can’t say that I am a big fan of Alice Copper- actually don’t know much of his music. But I do know that he is a cool dude, just from how he participated in Kyle’s adventure of trading his red paperclip for his house. And I’ll take Kyle’s word for it too, seeing as though he’s met the man.

So for being such a good sport, Alice gets my vote to be in the hall of fame. And I’ve already signed the petition- actually my signature was number 1453, and there are now 11390 signatures.

So how about signing the petition too? And let’s get Kyle to print that list of 22222 signatures and go on that hitch hiking trip to New York. So we’ve got until New Years to get the counter to move from 11390 to 22222. That’s 108 days to go. And that’s 10832 signatures to go. Come on! Add yours and tell your friends too!


Thanks!
Telana

PS- I'll be closing accepting of offers for 2 case of First Sighting this Saturday at 12:12. So be sure to sms me on +27 83 7302979 or send me an emailon onematchstick@gmail.com before then if you want to trade with me for the wine!

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -