17 Jul 2011

Joburg- you've been such a great sport with supporting onematchstick!

Joburg Rocks! Thank you for your support!

A great bunch of Joburg-ites ventured out into the cold and found their way to 44 Stanley, to The (vibey) Room at Il Giardino to hear Walter Pike talk for onematchstick.

It was an enjoyable evening, with lots of networking and learning. Walter shared how "the internet is word of mouth on steroids" and profiled case studies including Vodacom, Cell C, Nando's and FNB that my friends are still talking about. He made the new Organic Marketing so accessible and practical, with examples from Egypt, to Charlie Chaplin, to surfing and Big Mac’s.

Some of the tweets that were flying around included:

Collection of tweets from Walter Pikes talk

I would like to thank Walter for trading his talk with me for one of my Springleap T-shirts, and helping me to trade another 32 T-shirts through this event! (At the time of writing this I have 44 T-shirts to go until I can move onto my next step)

Walter Pike talking for onematchstick

A big thanks too goes to Grieta for allowing us to use Il Giardino to host the talk and for Rika for putting me in touch with Michelle of The Sound Corporation for providing the sound equipment we needed, and to Jelena for the projector.

And thanks to all of you who attended the evening and traded with me!

You all rock, and made the evening a huge success! *mwah!*

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -