7 Jul 2006

Rodrigus just got back from his first adventure a few days ago!

Rodrigus at Durban July

Andy and Tracey took him down to Durban to take apart in “July Fever”… and the one horse race that all of South Africa watches! It’s when South Africa’s best thoroughbreds storm round the Greyville Racecourse in the Vodacom Durban July. And the best dressed get to show off their style! We even had a bit of July Fever here in Johannesburg at the Jozi7degrees “a day at the races” event! What fun getting to wear top hats and feathers, and take part in a bet, with proceeds to a charity!

Rodrius had a fab time - he even bet on “Eurovision”, Andy tells me, but his horse didn’t do well... o well, maybe next time Rodrigus you’ll bring home the big winnings!

Tracey looks stunning here, don’t you think?rod_julyfever4
She’s a new entrepreneur, actually, as well as a beauty, and has organised a Poker Cruise with Andy. Actually they’re both pretty entrepreneurial! Andy is one of the founders of bidorbuy.co.za and talking to him sparked off an idea in my head to do with one matchstick and auctions…I just need to think it through a bit then I’ll share it with you.

Back to Tracey- I love chatting and getting to know people more, fascinating stuff! Tracey is an interior designer and used to be dancer. The Poker Cruise sounds like it was born out of this couples love for water and cruises, and their keen sense of play and fun- they are ace poker players- mixed with a bit of business savvy-ness. It’s one of the first of its kind in South Africa - where you are able to take part in a top notch poker tournament while at sea, touring islands. Sounds like a great way to spend a few days!

Quite a few people have been asking me when I’m going to make my next trade… well all I can say is there are no set rules here for my trading project, and I’ve just been plotting out which offer would be the best to lead me towards trading up for offices! So although you haven’t seen it, there’s been a lot happening behind the scenes. I’d love your input, and keep those questions coming- send them to onematchstick@gmail.com

Rodrigus is now back sitting on top of my PC... and he’s keen on going for another adventure... so if you have a trip planned that Rodrigus could join you on, be sure to let me know on onematchstick@gmail.com

Have a great FRIDAY!
T

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -