27 Aug 2006

Well, it’s my birthday tomorrow. Yip, another year closer to celebrating my 101st birthday- only 69 years to go! That’s one of the things on my list of 101 things to do before I die, you know: “celebrate my 101st Birthday”. I’ve even got it on my 43 things list. Have you heard of 43 things? It’s quite a funky site.

Anyway, so I had a bit of a celebration with a few friends under the trees over a lazy breakfast at Moyo’s at the Zoo Lake today- a great place if you are not in a hurry to go anywhere. Here I am with my cool Aunt, Catherine- see we both had our faces moyo-i-fied :)


Me, Rod and Catherine

And then we got to see some of the Redbull Boxcart races- Rodrigus has blogged all about it, so you can read it here.

I’ve been thinking, and looking at what Kyle did with his one red paperclip… and I think I have one thing missing- well 2 things, actually. And they are: 1) a deadline, and 2) more participants!

So I’ve set the deadline for trading my onematchstick into offices- and seeing as though it’s my birthday, I decided to make it next years b’day- so the 28th August 2007 is d-day for one matchstick! That means I am aiming to do my last trade for an office by 28th August 2007. K?

And then as for participation- well, that’s where you come in. Yes you, reading this right now, how about helping another person’s dream come true? You see, it shouldn’t cost you anything, just a bit of time and energy, maybe. And you can participate in a number of ways:

1. Just add a comment- tell me what you think, cheer me on, tell me I’m crazy! Anything, just add a comment. It’s quite easy, just click here and try it out.

2. Tell everyone you know about onematchstick.co.za- so they can do number 1 above, or number 3 below.

3. Make me an offer- I’m sure if you thought a bit about it, there would be something lying around at home or the office that you don’t need or want anymore, and my current item might be more valuable to you than that item lying around. So maybe you’d be willing to trade with me to get something that you’d find more valuable (and wine is really valuable, don’t you think? Especially such a fine wine as First Sighting)? You could even exchange an experiential item- like a voucher for a day at a Spa! Or... ummm… a micro-light flight! Maybe that is a product/service of your company, and you’re open to bartering?? I think you’re creative; you’ll come up with something!


So there you have it.

One deadline set for 28th August 2007.

And 3 ways you can participate in this whacky project of mine. ;)

And on that note… Over and out!
T

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -