24 Mar 2010

I'm calling all cyclists! And friends and families of cyclists!

For two reasons.

Reason One: to tell you about a ray of sunshine in the form of Ray Chaplin.
Reason Two: to remind you of an opportunity to spoil yourself or a loved one while making my day!

Reason One:

Ray is one of those guys that some people call crazy, others might say courageous, and others inspirational. To me he's all three.

Ray Chaplin and Telana, checking out the graffiti in Newtown, Jozi

Crazy, courageous, inspirational Ray is about to cycle from Johannesburg to Cape Town on a really old fashioned bicycle- a 1930's replica to be exact, and it has only one speed and a really hard saddle. He's doing this to raise awareness of cycling safely, and how all road users can all use the same roads safely. His trip will also honour and remember all those cyclist who lost their lives in cycling accidents. I'm a cyclist - even though I haven't been on my bicycle for a while - so I believe it's great that Ray is creating this much awareness!

And he's also training himself mentally and physically for his bigger dream of being a crazy, courageous, and inspirational endurance adventurer! Ray has many BIG expeditions all over the world planned. I'm looking forward to following these adventures.

For now though, you can join me in following him on this road trip through his blog or facebook page, and if you are in Johannesburg join me on Sunday morning (28 March) for a coffee and to wish him well (maybe even cycle with him for a few kilometres), or if you are in Cape Town welcome him back on Sunday 11 April (details here).

Reason Two:

And while I have all the cyclists attention, I'd like to remind you of a trade offer I have available still. Maybe you want to spoil yourself, or if you have a loved one who cycles maybe spoil them, with this funky cyclist shirt.

Telana and Ruan (who's wearing one of the Explore SA cycling shirts) Explore SA Shirt
It's a size medium
It's shoulderless (that means sleeveless too ;)
It has a full zip
It's gorgeous
It's one of 5 made so far.

And it's yours for only R183.00 as a trade with me!

If you want this Explore SA Cycling Top or to join me on Sunday then CALL ME 0837302979.

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -