23 Jan 2011
If you're looking for an active, intelligent and lovely date who enjoys the outdoors - then you're going to want to meet Laura Tyrer, The onematchstick Bachelorette.
When Laura's not looking for ways to make a positive difference to people's lives and the world we share, you will find her hiking or rock climbing in the mountains, or maybe even splashing around in mountain pools. While in the city she salsas to the rhythm of Latin American music or centres herself in a yoga pose.
Laura is fond of good literature and stimulating conversation and can just as easily change gears and unwind and be mischievous!
In this video I chat to Laura so you can get to know The onematchstick Bachelorette a bit more.
If you would like to be a part of The onematchstick Bachelorette, and get a chance to meet Laura in person and possibly win the final Date with her, then here's what you need to know:
How The Bachelorette – onematchstick Edition is going to work:
- You need to sign up to meet The Bachelorette, Laura, by buying online, for yourself, one of my Springleap T-shirts (with beers) (R183 plus R36 for delivery = R219) and sending in a photo and a sentence or two about yourself, (or for the more daring, a 30 to 45 second movie clip introducing yourself). (Note: you'll need the T-shirt for step 3). Entries close
Friday 4 March 2011- extended to Friday 11 March 2011.
- You can interact with Laura via her Facebook Fanpage, and ask her questions to get to know her.
- Then you'll attend a cocktail party on Saturday 12 March 2011 at the fab FTV Cedar Square (dress code is Springleap T-shirts), to meet Laura in person, and make your impression.
- At the cocktail party, Laura will be choosing 10 lucky entrants to go on dates with, (and we might make a little movie clip about you).
- At this party you will also get to mingle with all the eligible ladies who enter into The Bachelor ;)
- If you're one of the lucky top 10, you will have to think up a date to take Laura out for - your choice: anything from a coffee, to a dinner or the theatre! Whatever you choose, to allow you and Laura to get to know each other some more.
- The ten dates will take place over the 2 weeks after the cocktail party.
- The ten finalists will then attend another cocktail party after all the dates, where Laura, The Bachelorette, will then announce her choice, and invite the winning entrant for the Winning Date to be spoilt with her at Lapa Fo, Joburg's best Pizza restaurant, in Emmarentia. And there are other prizes to be won!
- And who knows, maybe you'll make a new friend or find the love of your life! Anything is possible!
How to sign up:
Buy your Springleap Tshirt. Here's how:
- If you haven't registered yet on Springleap.com, now's the time to do so.
- When you are logged in, choose the T-shirt you want. You can choose ANY design. (If you cant find a T-shirt you like, then choose a Gift Voucher that you can use later when new designs become available.)
- When you find the T-shirt you want, click on the size you want (there is a link which explains the sizing and the ladies T-shirts are a lady's cut). Once you click on the size, it gets added to your "shopping cart".
- When you've finished adding your T-shirts to your shopping cart, click on the shopping cart icon on the top right hand of the screen.
- Enter in your delivery details, and where it says "if you have a Springleap coupon, enter it here:" you enter the code, which is: onematchstick (all lower case, one word). This is a VERY IMPORTANT STEP! Please remember to add the code to track your purchase as a trade with me!
- Click the confirm and pay button.
- Check your details, and then you can choose to pay by EFT or by Credit Card.
- Just follow the prompts and you will have finished your order, and your T-shirt will be delivered in a few days.
- Email me your Springleap Order number on email@example.com to finalised this part of your entry, and make sure your name is on the guest list for the cocktail party.
Something about yourself:
The mimimum to enter is to atleast send in a sentence or two about yourself, and a photo. For those more daring, you can send in a video clip instead. Get a friend to help by holding your phone, or set up your camera to make a short, 30 to 45 second movie clip to introduce yourself to Laura, The Bachelorette. It can be as simple as you want, or as creative as you can imagine. We're not looking for professionalism in the cinematography, but just a few words so that Laura can have a sense of who you are.
And yes, your few lines about yourself or your video will be made public on the internet! This is a reality–internet–project after all ;). Pseudonyms allowed. So you might have to get out your comfort zone to take part- but it'll be well worth it!
The few lines or the video can be uploaded directly to The Bachelorette's Fan page on Facebook, or to YouTube and the link can be added to the Fan page on Facebook or emailed to me to add.
If you have any questions, then get in touch!
So, what are you waiting for? Enter now to be part of The onematchstick Bachelorette!
The fine print aka T & C's:
By entering you give onematchstick permission to blog about you, video you at the Bachelorette related events, and have full usage rights of all the material.
And if something out of our control comes up, we reserve the right to change any of the dates or the process of this project.