13 Aug 2009

Onematchstick - the movie

Not at cinemas near you

Yes, there is a movie being made about the story to date of my trading of a matchstick into an office. Right now the team at Missing Link are brainstorming and putting together a story board for me! How brilliant is that?

This all came about when the enthusiastic Mongezi of Netweb gave me a call and said:
"hey Telana Banana, why don’t you enter?"

It hadn't occurred to me until that call that I could enter my trading project into a competition like this one, to win a corporate video. It's events like that phone call that seem to open a whole new world for me, and for onematchstick! It's probably also what sparked me thinking even more out of the box, leading to coming up with the idea of my latest trade.

So I wrote the few pages I needed to write to enter, emailed them off and carried on living.

A week later that ever enthusiastic Mongezi let me know that I was through to the final round- I was in the top 2 and had to do a 60 second pitch at the July Netweb Event. So I pitched up on the night, and I WON!

Mongezi, me, Sam and the Zombi

A big thanks to the Netweb Event for organising the Netweb Headstart Competition, and to the rockstars at Missing Link for sponsoring the awesome R50 000 Corporate Video as a prize!

I'm so excited! And I'm grateful! Grateful for the opportunity, and that I took the effort to enter. Shows you what can happen when opportunity knocks and you answer.

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -