6 Sept 2009

Tomorrow the entries for the onematchstick T-shirt Challenge closes, and voting starts!

I'm so looking forward to seeing the designs. I've heard a few descriptions, and seen a few mock ups, and they are all so wonderful- I don't know which one I'd choose! Thank goodness I won't be choosing, and you will be voting for your favourite. That way, you get to have your say in what will be the official onematchstick T-shirt.

I went to Cape Town for a quick trip to see my family there, and for a few days of holiday to find the Namaqualand daisies, and the display was spectacular! You can read about it on Rod's blog here.

Jumping for flowers!

Our theme song for our daisy road trip was Nickelback's "if today was your last day" and it turned out to be even more significant to me. I lost a close friend and mentor over that weekend, and it's been such a reminder that 'each day is a gift and not a given right'. I've resolved even more to live each moment to the fullest! Sounds so cliché, but I like some clichés!


While in Cape Town I got to try the pumpkin and marshmallow milkshake from Fire and Ice- the funkiest restaurant I know. I also visited the fab team at Springleap.com. What a buzz! There were people coming and going, groovy music playing, phones ringing, meetings happening, and couriers collecting T-shirts to be delivered! And in between the busy-ness I got to meet the team and see the store room. I even admired the view of the mountain from the balcony- a nice breather from the buzz inside.

The Springleap.com Team and me!

375 of those T-shirts in the storeroom are allocated to onematchstick, and I'm busy trading them on! At the time of writing this, I have 107 pledges to trade with me :) Yehaa!

- Copyright © one matchstick - - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -